Sunday, January 16, 2011

10 SEO Tools To Make Your Work Easier

Since long I wanted to write this post because I’ve been getting frequent emails from people asking me about good seo tools for checking backlinks, checking internal pageranks,etc. without going through big processes. Hence I’ve compiled a list below of the SEO tools that I use which have made my work quite easier. You can use all of these SEO tools free of cost. I’ve listed them in the order of their importance to me.
  1. SEO Quake: By far this is the SEO tool which I’m using every time I’m on the computer. To be concise SEO quake is an extension for firefox and internet explorer which helps us to obtain all important parameters that we need to judge a website (The SEO way). It includes parameters such as Google Pagerank, Yahoo! Links, Domain Age and many more. Hence, I would recommend this to all marketers who are serious about making their SEO work easier.
  2. SubmitExpress Meta Tag analyzer: Without doubt, the team over at Submit Express has put in some serious efforts at their tools. To me their tools are extremely useful, I wouldn’t really recommend other tools by them but their Meta Tag Analyzer is one useful tool. You can get a good insight of the relevancy of META tags, learn where you’re going wrong and see facts like total links on a page or the keyword densities.
  3. Seomoz Tools: I wouldn’t recommend any such tool which involves spending money, so you can try the free tools by seomoz which include term target, SEO toolbox and Link Scape. Especially Term Target which can show you the terms you’re targeting on a page as seen by a bot which can help you improve your on-page SEO factors.
  4. Rank Checker: I know it can be a hard task to look for the keywords you’re trying to rank for all the time in google, yahoo and msn. This is when this powerful tool comes into play. In rank checker you can specify the keywords and the domain and it will check your position of the domain you specified for the keyword in all three search engines. You can create different presets to track each domain’s ranking. This tool is extremely helpful to me when I have over 40 keywords for different domains that I can’t check all the time. The only drawback with this one is that it will only show you the ranking if your domain lies in the top 200, but usually that is the range that matters and moreover in terms of traffic a position of 350 is no different than 3500.
  5. Google Keyword Tool: I don’t think that there is any internet marketer who isn’t aware of this tool. The most legendary keyword tool in use by Google Adwords. You just enter your target keyword and it will show you the estimated search volume for that keyword and a bunch of other similar tools.
  6. Backlink Watch: If you’re addicted to backlinks like me then you need this tool. It gives you a clear image of your backlinks, including the page they are on, the anchor text and the total number of backlinks on that page. I would really recommend this although their pagerank function doesn’t work.
  7. SEO Tool Bag Backlink Analyzer: This isn’t much different than backlink watch but on this one, the pagerank displays fine and moreover it highlights the links which hold more importance. The only reason I put this after backlink watch is because it is a little slow because of the pagerank checking and sometimes it messes up the formatting of the page, which is a little bug and needs to be fixed.
  8. SEO Tool Bag Internal Page PR: If you want to analyze the pageranks of all pages on any website, all you have to do is enter the its URl here and it will automatically show you the pagerank of all pages on that website which can also be sorted by the pagerank.
  9. SEM Rush:  When you want to check on the SEO traffic coming to any website, you go to SEM Rush which gives you a complete insight of  what keywords are giving traffic to the specified website. It might not be extremely useful, but at least it is better than the lousy search terms shown by Compete. :evil:
  10. Smart Pagerank Backlink Checker:  Although it is still in BETA version but I would still recommend their tool as an alternative to the two other backlink analyzing tools I mentioned before. This also gives you option to show you whether the link is nofollow or not, which can be very helpful in knowing whether the link is passing any juice.
Well, that is almost about it. These are the 10 best seo tools that I have found online. They would prove to be helpful to any internet marketer like myself. So you can check all of them out one by one. I hope these 10 SEO tools will make your work a lot more easier and it can save you a lot of time. If you have any SEO tools in use which are useful as the ones I’ve mentioned above then let me know about them and if they’re good enough, I’ll add them to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment