Sunday, January 16, 2011

Beginner Blogging Mistakes - Promoting For No Reason

Back in 2007 when I started off as a blogger, I was totally off-track. As you might already know that I started off making money on the internet with paid to click websites. Yes, what a waste of time. But since I was quite enthusiastic about making money back then, I wanted to create a blog to promote my referral links.
In paid to click websites, you look for referrals who can come, click ads and make money for you forever. Since posting a whole bunch of links at places to let people know about it was kind of a tedious job, instead I created a blog, filled it with reviews and my referral links and then promoted the blog instead.
My initial aim was to get visitors to it and then have them to sign up for the paid to click website. It wasn’t long until blogger disabled my account with all of the blogs including the one I was using to promote the referral links. However, I was doing that for a reason, I was actually making money by the efforts that I put into getting visitors to the blog.
These days, I see a bunch of fully seo loaded blogs with no ads. The thing is, there is no point in doing SEO on a blog if you don’t have intentions of making money from it. Straight up. Unless you have other aims for the blog.
This thing gets even more emphasis when your main source of traffic is referral traffic. You can always play around with organic traffic because you know that more will be coming later on and you aren’t really losing a lot of money in the long run.
But usually the referral traffic comes and goes. You don’t have a chance of them returning or more of them coming in to your website after you’ve done the promotion. In that case, it is complete nonsense to have no monetisation on your blog which completely makes it promoting for no reason.
The most widely know fact is: Traffic is money. However, you need to learn how to convert that traffic into money else you’ll end up in the blues with no money and probably a loss in form of hosting fees.
My advice to all new bloggers is that: Monetize your blog from day one! There is no harm, I repeat, no harm whatsoever from monetizing a blog. If you think it will discourage visitors, no it wouldn’t. If that was the case, Google wouldn’t have been the number one search engine. There are thousands of other search engines without advertisements.
It will have no impact on your SEO. Why it will have no effect on your SEO is because Google will always be in benefit if you have adsense on your blog. Since, when Google sends traffic to your website, it clicks the adsense ad. Not only do you get paid but Google gets paid as well. I know this theory sounds totally absurd but it was just to diversify your minds from not monetizing a new website. So yeah, you can laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment