Friday, January 14, 2011

And, Entrecard Goes Whack!

If you remember, I joined Entrecard.com around a year ago and used it for a long while. Let’s be truthful, Entrecard really did help my blog grow in it’s initial stage. It got my blog around 80 visitors a day. I also got a few readers and of course I was happy.
But recently, my blog has hopped out of the beginners’ phase. I’m saying that because my blog is now getting over 800 visitors everyday who are really interested in my website and spend time. More than half of the blogs on entrecard are hosted on free hosts and the only source of traffic for them is entrecard.
I had been thinking for a long time for leaving entrecard, but that decision was put to action easily when entrecard deleted my account and gave nothing for the 38, 000 Entrecard credits I had in my account.
Other bloggers, namely John Chow, Syed Balkhi and Problogger moved out of it a long, long time ago. I was just looking for the right time. I used to recommend Entrecard to all newbie bloggers, but I don’t think I would anymore.
Below are 8 reasons why I think entrecard.com will be facing a downturn in the coming months, in fact it already is.
  1. The bounce rate used to be near 75% but now it topped over 92%.
  2. I got around 170 drops a while ago everyday but visitors from entercard + direct visitors was equal to less than 150 visitors. Which indicates that there are cheaters in the system.
  3. Abundant Entrecard Credits - There is so much inflation in the entrecard economy that no one values entrecard credits anymore.
  4. More than 90% are low-quality blogs.
  5. Entrecard support sucks real-time.
  6. Entrecard provides n0 benefit in the long run, i.e. you stop dropping and you stop getting visitors.
  7. Traffic from entrecard is next to useless, I’ll discuss that below.
  8. Recently, Entrecard started giving credits for completing offers. Have they gone nuts?
I was spending around 42,500 entrecard credits every month to advertise on entrecard’s site-wide 125×125 ad button. Entrecard’s team boasted that they get 8 million impressions out of which less than 3 visited my website everyday. I don’t doubt their stats but I think that their traffic is useless.
Entrecard isn’t anymore what it used it be or at least when I joined it. I wouldn’t really recommend others to use it unless you have a boring personal blog and don’t want it to grow.
Hence, entrecard is now giving traffic that is useless. It is very time-consuming to drop cards at other blogs and end up getting worthless traffic isn’t really worth it. Their team is now concnetrating more on making money and the quality of their system has dropped

No comments:

Post a Comment