Friday, January 14, 2011

Finally, Wordpress 2.7 is released!

The countdown is finally over as the  Wordpress 2.7 was released yesterday and without doubt it was way better than I expected it. Although I am having trouble with the new interface but I guess I’ll get a hang of it soon.  I must give credit to the developers of ‘Automatic upgrade plug-in’ for making the whole process of installing the new version so simple and easier! A big shout-out to all the people who were involved in the making of this version for the hard work they have put into it. Below is the release video:

So far as I have used the new version, this is what I have liked about it:
  • The navigation to different functions has been made a lot more easier, less need to go to Setting>Users now you can go straight away to Users, it cuts time for dial-up users.
  • The color scheme is pretty good, but I prefer the blue one which is not selected by default.
  • Every page is customizable, you can change the place of containers the way you want it which makes it a lot more flexible.
  • The automatic upgrade has been added as a feature to the new Wordpress, no need to get the plug-in or manually upgrade it!
  • Plug-ins can now be installed with just a few clicks cutting out the long processes of downloading, extracting, uploading and installing.
  • The ‘Quickpress’, which is a small container on the dashboard where you can write a post and publish it if you’re in a hurry.
I don’t know about other bloggers, but I for one wordpress user really like wordpress version 2.7, and would thank the wordpress team and contributors once again for producing a master-piece. Have a fun ride testing out the new wordpress!

No comments:

Post a Comment