Friday, January 14, 2011

Procrastination Is The Assassin Of Success

In the past I have made several attempts of making a blogging routine and sticking to it. But the fact is, I have not been able to actually stick to one. The result isn’t too satisfactory.
I haven’t achieved the goals that I had planned to achieve a few months ago. My referral traffic has seen a little downturn although direct and organic traffic has increased. I have also been letting hundreds of daily visitors go away.
Before writing this article and actually sat down and thought to myself: What do I want to do with this blog in the future? Why did I start it? I’m not here apologizing to my readers for not blogging for a while like many other bloggers.
That is very lame, because after all it is our own blog. Blogging is meant to be for fun, not a punishment. But I’ve been noticing that maybe I’m not the type of guy you’ll find blogging 24×7. I’m better off with doing stuff other than writing maybe because I’m not that comfortable with it.

Does that mean that I’ll stop blogging?

No sir. Everybody has problems and they need to be solved. Likewise, procrastination is a big problem with me which is hindering me from making a lot more money that I actually am making right now. The first thing that I need to do is stick to a posting frequency.
But like the previous time when I decided to stick to a posting frequency, why did I not continue with it. Harsh goals are always short term no matter how smart they are. I am guilty of making those types of goals which are the least achievable.
So, I’ll be making a single goal right now. The only thing I need to do is stick a minimum posts per month rule for myself. I’ll be catching up shortly with the rest but to start off and make it a lot more achievable, I’ll start with 15 articles a month.
That’s right, 1 article every two days. That’s pretty achievable and I guess I can stick to it to some extent. My test month for this starts today, and yes I will start posting my ramblings like the other bloggers because blogging something is better than blogging nothing.
Wish me luck and if anyone else who was procastrinating and wants to join me in maintaing this posting frequency, you are most welcome to do so. So, stick around to find some good posts in the coming days. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment