Friday, January 14, 2011

Has Live Search Lost It’s Market Share?

Despite the fact that Live Search would be one of my last choices while using search engines but yesterday I accidentally happened to check my search position for some keywords that my blog ranks for, on Live Search as well. I saw that my blog ranked on the first page for each one of them which was quite a big surprise for me.
All of those keywords (combined) have been searched on google at least 600,000 times on an average and even if Live Search gets 1/10th searches this amount, which is 60,000, it could still get me at least a few hundred hits a month. The weird thing is that I hardly received 10 hits from Live Search in the last month which brings us to one of the following conclusions:
  1. Live Search has totally lost it’s market share in the Search Engine industry and no one uses it.
  2. The people searching on Live Search do not search for the keywords that have huge numbers on other search engines.
  3. People come to Live Search by accident or misspelling in Internet explorer brings them there and they search for something really stupid.
  4. I’m missing out some really weird prank being played by MSN.
Whatever the reason be, I’m really confused about the potential traffic from Live Search which was yelled in the SEO industry in the past few years, moreover if you were or you were thinking of making efforts to improve your website for Live Search then you can see the result right here. There’s hardly any hope to make money on the internet by running affiliate campaigns on Live Search, unless there is real and legit proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment