Sunday, January 16, 2011

SEO Isn’t Everything!

If you suck at SEO or don’t know how to optimize websites for search engines, it’s okay. There’s no need to feel left out. There are hundreds of people out there who don’t know a thing about SEO and most wont even know what it stands for.
I remember having a chat with this guy from UK and he asked me about getting traffic. I asked him, “Do you know about SEO?”, “Who? the Senior Executive Officer?” he replied. For such a guy, it’s hard to explain what SEO is and how it can benefit you and your business.
This is not only for those who do not know about SEO, in fact this is also for the people who do know about it. Let me just say: Would you be able to rank a domain you just bought for a keyword within 4-5 days.
If you’re a whitehat SEO believer I could expect a no. So where does you SEO go then? What if the keyword you’re targeting is time-sensitive. I mean, you just bought a domain yesterday (15th June) and you want to rank for keyword targeting America Day (July 4th), it is next to impossible to rank for keywords in 2 weeks.
So what I’m trying to tell is that keep you options open. Look for alternatives to SEO. I’m not talking about pay-per-click ads or traffic from social bookmarking websites.
Have you ever heard of the term indirect organic traffic? I’m sure you haven’t, because I just made that up. :grin: But what it will reveal to you might just change the ways you get traffic.
Yesterday I was talking to this guy who just received his $600 cheque from ShareAsale which was what he earned in a total of 2 weeks. I got him to tell me his marketing strategies and I was surprised when he told me that he didn’t know a thing about SEO and never used any PPC program.
Basically, this guy did not spend a cent and he made money with even les knowledge than me. Of course, he had his website which isn’t even indexed by Google as of now (around 3 weeks old). Curious to know his strategy right?
He joined a forum related to his niche. He spent 1 week gaining authority in a forum. Posting, answering, asking and helping like crazy. So once you have authority you obviously have a great deal of newbies asking you questions. So all he did was refer people to his website and after 2 weeks he makes 23 sales and makes approximately $600. Not bad eh?
The story doesn’t end here. I’ve been doing this for 3 months now and have gotten traffic to website which have been sitting in the Google Sandbox for around 3 months now. I will write a post sometime this week illustrating how you can get the best out of no SEO and let it prove to be more effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment