Friday, January 14, 2011

Moneymakerinfo.blogspot.com Disappeared?!

Most of you already know about moneymakerinfo.blogspot.com. It is one of the authority blogs in the ‘make money online’ niche. When I entered this niche in 2008, I kept a strict eye to the google search engine result pages.
This website, moneymakerinfo.blogspot.com has been ranking amongst the top 5 for the keyword ‘make money online’ for more than 2 years now. The person running the blog,  Liew Kum Cheng has  been writing for it consistently ever since.
It had around 1-2 new posts everyday. People used to write guest posts on it, even I’ve written a guest post on it last year. I don’t know that when this happened but I just thought of checking out the blog after a long while and got a bad surprise.
The blog no longer exists! :( Or in Google’s words:
The blog you were looking for was not found.
But isn’t this unfair? I hear you buddy. Remember what happened to me two years ago? In case you don’t, blogger suspended my account with 12 of my fully functional blogs. This isn’t really new. However, I wasn’t expecting this to happen a really popular blog. It was easily getting close to 2000 unique visitors a day, most probably I’m understating.
It was making a lot of money. Being number 1 for the keyword ‘make money online’ isn’t small you know. It made a lot of money. Plus, it was ranking in the top 3 for many other top keywords as well. I tried to check why this happens.
The reason would always be insufficient to call for the action of suspension for the blog as in my case as well. I have already emailed Liew asking what happened. He would definitely be involved in sending a gazillion mails to google.
This would be definitely a big loss for him. My sorrows are with him. All those who are still running on blogger.com, I think that it is about time that you start moving towards your own self-hosted blog.
This loss can be estimated in the $XX,XXX range. Such was the worth of the blog. So, blogger.com is definitely not a recommended choice for anyone looking to get into blogging anymore. The risks far outweigh the benefits. The choice is yours.
Update: The blog is now back up. I don’t really see a difference on it neither have I heard back from the author. I’m just glad it’s back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment