Sunday, January 16, 2011

What Is Indirect Organic Traffic?

In my last post about SEO, I discussed how SEO wasn’t the only thing left to get organic traffic from. Many people did not share the same views as mine. I accept that, because what I’m going to tell you people is something that you may or may not already know.
In my case, I wanted to figure out a solution to the problem of having my website sit at level zero when it is in the Google Sandbox. Practically there is a 99% chance for you to get thrown into the sandbox, you may be quite lucky if you escape it.
During that 6 - 12 months in no-man zone sandbox, you get no traffic from search engines. You know, ideas come and go. By the time your website escapes from the sandbox, you might have lost interest in that niche.
This happens a lot of times and there is a very practical way of getting out of this situation without having to rely on traffic from social bookmarking websites. They say: At times, examples explain better than definitions. So I’ll also sum it up on an example.
You choose to enter the niche as an electrician’s affiliate. You just start a website and you try to rank for the keyword ‘wiring management’. Then you  discover that after 2 weeks it got sand-boxed. Now, we all know that search engine traffic is the best converting.
An alternative could be to use PPC, but I have a better idea. By doing a simple search  on Google I found that it has some competition by the fact that the first ranking website is a company, they have their website’s homepage ranking number 1, plus the website has sitelinks which makes it almost impossible for us to rank number 1 without having our website compete for it.
So my strategy is, if you can’t get the first position then get the 2nd, 3rd and 4th position. I’m not talking about each one individually. I’m talking about getting all three positions. Next you go to ezine articles and write 1 article. That’s right, 1 article which you think would be highly targeted for the keyword which in this case is wiring management.
Next create a squidoo lens and write a review of the affiliate. This will be used to generate direct sales for yourself and now you will put link to your main website on both the article and the squidoo lens in nofollow. Why? This is where my indirect organic traffic theory comes into play.
I say, use your main website as a middle way between customer landing and the merchant’s website. So basically, in both the article and the lens you will encourage the visitors to go to your website from where they will go to the merchants website.
This will lower your CTR on your main website by 1-2% but this technique is highly effective. I’m currently on holidays, but when I come back I will detailed article on all services that you can use and achieve the best out of it. Once your website is out of the sandbox, remove the nofollow from the links and your website jumps directly into the top 30. As I said SEO isn’t everything, there are many other ways to achieve the same aims you have for a page you’re trying to rank for SEO.
Moreover, ranking for a keyword using ezinearticles or squidoo is 10 times more easier than having your website’s page rank itself on the SERPS. If your website is already out of the sandbox then you can use this technique to dominate the top 10 results and maximize your level of conversions. So what do you think about this technique?

No comments:

Post a Comment